Employee Wage Rights


What Is Considered Unpaid Wages?

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Apr 23, 2024 | 0 Comments

Picture this: you've put in the hard work, clocked the hours, but your paycheck doesn't reflect your efforts. Sound familiar? You're not alone. Unpaid wages are a harsh reality for many employees, leaving them feeling powerless and exploited. But here's the thing - you have rights, and it's time ...

Unpaid Wage Settlement Calculator

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Apr 16, 2024 | 0 Comments

Tired of being shortchanged by your employer? You're not alone. In California, wage theft is a big problem. But with the right tools and know-how, you can fight back and get the money you're owed. That's where a California unpaid wage settlement calculator comes in handy. It can help you figure ...

Wage Theft in California: An Employee's Guide

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Oct 09, 2023 | 0 Comments

You probably know the story: It's payday, but instead of that sweet satisfaction when checking your bank balance, there's confusion...and betrayal. Why are my hours off? Where is my overtime pay? You've been the victim of wage theft. This isn't some rare horror story; for millions of workers acr...

Crafting a Demand Letter for Unpaid Wages in California

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Oct 02, 2023 | 0 Comments

Have you ever had that sinking feeling? The one where you've put in hours of work, but when payday rolls around, your paycheck is short or missing altogether. If this sounds familiar, then prepping a demand letter for your California unpaid wages might be the lifeboat you need. This isn't just a...

Suing Employer for Unpaid Wages: A California Guide

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Oct 01, 2023 | 0 Comments

Ever felt like David against the Goliath of corporate America, especially when it comes to getting paid what you're worth? The sinking feeling as you watch hours of hard work vanish into thin air because your paycheck is missing a few zeros...it's not just unfair, it's illegal. You've put in the...

Can an Employer Deduct Credit Card Fees from Tips?

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Sep 04, 2023 | 0 Comments

For restaurant workers and many others who work in the service industry, tips form a large part of their take-home pay. Whether you are a restaurant worker or are employed in a hotel or beauty salon, you weekly pay could depend largely on whether or not you keep customers and patrons happy. Regar...

California Tip Laws

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Aug 27, 2023 | 0 Comments

California law defines a "tip" as any amount of money that is given to or left for an employee by a customer of a business, which is not part of the amount that the customer was required to pay for the goods and/or services. The state's labor laws specifically state that employees have the right ...

What Happens If You Get Paid Under Minimum Wage

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Aug 23, 2023 | 0 Comments

Minimum wage laws exist to make sure that employers pay their employees a minimum hourly rate for the hours they work. In California, as of Jan. 1, 2023, the minimum wage is $15.50. However, it is important to note that several cities, including Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Jose have higher...

Can Managers Receive Tips in California?

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Aug 06, 2023 | 0 Comments

Tipping is an accepted part of doing business, particularly in the service industry, in California. Whether it's a restaurant, nail salon or rideshare service, a number of workers in California count heavily on tips to make up for the lack of a living wage in a state where cost of living is excep...

Exceptions to Wage, Hour and Overtime Laws in California

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Jul 23, 2023 | 0 Comments

California has among the strongest labor laws in the United States. Employers in California must follow certain requirements such as paying employees the correct minimum wage, paying overtime, tracking hours and providing rest and meal breaks as mandated by the law. However, California unpaid wag...

Minimum Wage in California

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Jun 06, 2023 | 0 Comments

The minimum wage refers to the minimum hourly rate of pay that employers must pay their employees. There are hourly minimum wage rates established by the federal and state governments. In addition, local jurisdictions such as counties and cities also set their minimum wage rates. Employers who fa...

How to Calculate Overtime

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Jun 06, 2023 | 0 Comments

California overtime laws require that all hourly or nonexempt employees receive overtime pay at the rate of 1.5 times their regular rate of pay for hours they work in excess of 8 per day or 40 per week. California's overtime laws apply to all nonexempt employees, most of whom are paid on an hourl...

Unpaid Wage Claim Time Limits

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Mar 11, 2021 | 0 Comments

  Employees in the United States are protected by federal laws as well as state laws. If you believe that your employer has not paid you due wages or shortchanged you by violating wage and hour laws, you can file a lawsuit to recover your unpaid wages. However, workers who have been victims of...

What Can I Do If My Employer Does Not Pay Me?

Posted by Eric Kingsley | Jan 11, 2021 | 0 Comments

State and federal laws require employers to pay employees for the work they've performed. Employees must also be paid the correct amount they are due. A violation of laws relating to employees' wages, which shortchanges or doesn't allow them to be paid correctly or in full, is known as "wage th...

Obtain Your Free Case Evaluation

Our unpaid wage lawyers will take the time to thoroughly review your situation to determine if your employer is treating you fairly. If action is needed, we will act on your behalf, contacting your employer and moving the case forward if he or she does not amend the situation. Call 888-500-8469 or fill out our contact form to speak with one of our legal professionals for free.

Need Help? We're Here For You.

If your employer is not paying you your owed wages, we're here to help. Contact us today to receive a free unpaid wages case evaluation and get your questions answered. We've helped employees recover more than $300,000,000. All consultations are free.